Friday, July 22, 2011
© Copyright 2013
Gwinnett Daily Post
Special Photo. "Rocky" was the first Best Picture winner to use a Steadicam during filming.
Congratulations to last week's winner, Victoria Dixon of Lawrenceville.
Here are last week's questions again and the answers:
1. What Best Picture winner was also the first movie to use a Steadicam during filming?
2. Name a David Mamet play to be adapted into an Oscar-nominated film.
A: "Glengarry Glen Ross"
3. What was the civilian occupation of the Tom Hanks character in "Saving Private Ryan?"
A: English teacher
4. What '90s blockbuster was filmed on location at Alcatraz prison?
A: "The Rock"
5. Who was the world's highest paid actress in 2010?
A: Sandra Bullock
Now, for this week's questions:
1. What Atlanta restaurant is mentioned by name by George Clooney's character in "Up in the Air?"
2. What Alfred Hitchcock movie was filmed but not originally presented in 3-D?
3. What 1990 movie was filmed in part in Vatican City?
4. Name someone to win an Oscar for playing a non-fictional convicted murderer.
5. Name the last person to receive Oscar nominations in writing and acting categories for the same film.
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include "Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest" in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.