Friday, January 14, 2011
© Copyright 2014
Gwinnett Daily Post
NORCROSS — A fire that damaged a Norcross home in the 1400 block of Kings Ridge Drive on Friday could be the third residential fire sparked by an unattended candle this year, officials said.
Neighbors reported the two-story home was ablaze at 12:19 p.m. Nobody was home at the time and no injuries were reported, said Fire Department spokesman Capt. Thomas Rutledge.
The fire destroyed contents and caused heavy damage to the structure, Rutledge said.
“The cause of the fire appears accidental and may have been sparked by a candle left burning unattended,” he said.
Investigators blamed two residential fires last week on candles left burning unattended. One fire left three people with minor injuries, and the other displaced a family of four.