Breaking News

Man found dead at Duluth apartment complex April 19, 2014

0

Unattended stove causes fire

NORCROSS — Food left unattended on a stove caused a small kitchen fire in an apartment Friday evening.

Gwinnett County firefighters responded to the Los Colinas Apartments on Brook Hollow Parkway in Norcross just before 10 p.m. Friday, spokesman Capt. Thomas Rutledge said.

Smoke was showing from a single apartment unit, and firefighters forced entry into the apartment unit, Rutledge said.

The fire was contained to the stove area and sent smoke throughout the unit.

No one was home at the time of the fire, and no injuries were reported.