Tuesday, February 1, 2011
© Copyright 2014
Gwinnett Daily Post
NORCROSS — A Norcross man was taken to the hospital Tuesday after being exposed to high concentrations of carbon monoxide inside his home, officials said.
Gwinnett County firefighters and emergency personnel reported to the apartment on the 2100 block of Preston Lake Drive just after 6 p.m., the adult man complaining of nausea and dizziness, spokesman Capt. Tommy Rutledge said.
After the victim was transported to Gwinnett Medical Center, firefighters discovered “high concentration readings of carbon monoxide inside the kitchen area of the apartment,” Rutledge said.
The source was ultimately determined to be a problem with the kitchen stove, and firefighters contacted maintenance and were able to shut off the gas supply to the stove. The apartment was also ventilated, Rutledge said.
There were no other apartments believed to be affected, Rutledge said.
— From staff reports