As of Friday, December 30, 2011
© Copyright 2015
Gwinnett Daily Post
NORCROSS -- No injuries were reported in a Friday morning fire at a local business.
Firefighters responded to the scene of Imperial Plastics LLC in the 2800 block of Colonnades Court at 9:13 a.m. They extinguished the flames in less than an hour.
The blaze caused moderate damage to the structure and machinery, according to an official with Gwinnett County Fire and Emergency Services.
The cause of the incident was listed as accidental, "caused by leaving production materials overnight unattended," according to Lt. Eric Eberly.
The building houses a company that produces plastic pellets for resell from recycled plastic containers.
Upon arrival at the business, crews found moderate smoke in the one-level commercial building. Firefighters forcibly entered the building to find "they indeed had a working fire. Due to the size of the building, command called for additional units," Eberly said.
Eberly said the fire originated in the back of the building and "sent significant smoke throughout the structure."
In total, six engines, two ladder trucks, one squad unit and a medic unit responded to the scene.