Thursday, December 29, 2011
© Copyright 2015
Gwinnett Daily Post
So, you think you're good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week's winner, Brian Beveridge.
Here are last week's questions again and the answers:
- What is the common acting bond shard by Jennifer Aniston, Anne Hathaway, Heath Ledger, Michelle Monaghan, Chloe Sevigny and Gemma Arterton?
A: All played the romantic interest opposite Jake Gyllenhaal.
- Aidan Quinn, Sting and Ray Davies were originally cast as the principal characters in what Martin Scorsese film?
A: "The Last Temptation of Christ"
- What was the occupation of the Gwyneth Paltrow character in "Se7en"?
- In what movie does Brad Pitt's character smoke pot on screen?
A: "True Romance"
- In what two cities is Jodie Foster's "Home for the Holidays" set?
A: Chicago and Baltimore
Now, for this week's questions:
Name a non-fictional character played by Dennis Quaid.
In what country was "The Sound of Music" set?
During what holiday did "Die Hard" take place?
Name a movie where Natalie Wood played a native American.
What was the first movie to win more than 10 Oscars?
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include "Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest" in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.