Thursday, December 8, 2011
© Copyright 2015
Gwinnett Daily Post
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) Directed by Milos Forman Shown from left: William Redfield, Brad Dourif, Danny DeVito, Will Sampson, Jack Nicholson, Sydney Lassick, William Duell
So, you think you're good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.Congratulations to last week's winner, Jen Thompson of Lawrenceville.Here are last week's questions again and the answers:
- Name two people who have won an Oscar and have also been inducted into both the Rock' n' Roll and Songwriters Halls of Fame?
A: Answers include: Phil Collins, Bob Dylan, Isaac Hayes, Elton John, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen and Stevie Wonder
- Name the last movie to win the Oscar for Best original screenplay that was written by more than one person.
- Name the song sung by the Eddie Murphy character while in his jail cell near the beginning of "48 Hrs."
- What is the number combination for the lock on the briefcase in "Pulp Fiction?"
- In what state is "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" set?
Now, for this week's questions:
What song by the Allman Brothers Band was featured in "The Exorcist?"
Name someone who has won an acting Oscar and has also had a number one song on the pop singles (American Top 40) chart.
In what movie did Kiss bassist/founder Gene Simmons play a Muslim terrorist?
Of the five principal characters, which one was the first to die in "The Usual Suspects?"
What was Steven Spielberg's first war film?
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to email@example.com. Include "Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest" in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.