0

Gas leak evacuates Snellville Burger King

SNELLVILLE -- A gas leak at a Snellville Burger King restaurant resulted in one worker being transported to the hospital Wednesday, officials said.

Gwinnett County fire department spokesman Lt. Eric Eberly said hazardous materials crews responded to the Burger King on the 2300 block of East Main Street in Snellville just before 8 p.m. Four employees and three guests had already evacuated the building.

Hazmat technicians quickly isolated and stopped the leak, which was determined to be carbon dioxide coming from the restaurant's fountain drink dispenser, Eberly said.

One female employee was transported to the hospital "for evaluation of a minor complaint," officials said.

No other buildings were affected. Management decided not to reopen the Burger King until corporate sent maintenance personnel Thursday, Eberly said.

-

-