0

Kitchen fire leaves Buford man in critical condition

BUFORD — A Buford man is in critical condition after being pulled from his burning home off Sycamore Road on Sunday evening.

According to Gwinnett County Fire and Emergency Services Lt. Eric Eberly, fire crews reported hearing a man yelling for help upon arrival.

"Firefighters quickly responded by advancing a hose line into the structure and preformed a search where they found one male victim on the main fire floor," Eberly said.

The victim was treated for significant burns and smoke inhalation. He was transported to Gwinnett Medical Center in critical condition, Eberly said.

Investigators have determined that the blaze started from food left unattended on the stove.

Return to www.gwinnettdailypost.com for updates.