LAWRENCEVILLE -- The first two of eight formal dedication ceremonies for Gwinnett County Public Schools' new facilities will take place today.
Ferguson Elementary, located at 1755 Centerview Drive in Duluth, will be dedicated at 1:30 p.m. today. The ceremony for the Gwinnett School of Mathematics, Science, and Technology, located at 970 McElvaney Lane in Lawrenceville, is at 3 p.m.
Superintendent J. Alvin Wilbanks, school board members and other dignitaries will attend the events. Community members are welcome to attend.
The other events will take place as follows:
* 2 p.m. Oct. 3 -- Anderson-Livsey Elementary, 4521 Centerville Highway, Snellville
* 1:30 p.m. Oct. 10 -- Roberts Elementary, 251 Buford Highway, Suwanee
* 3 p.m. Oct. 10 -- Lanier High, 918 Buford Highway, Sugar Hill
* 2 p.m. Oct. 17 -- Grace Snell Middle, 3800 Brushy Fork Road, Loganville
* 2:30 p.m. Oct. 24 -- Jenkins Elementary, 12 Village Way, Lawrenceville
* 1:30 p.m. Nov. 7 -- Burnette Elementary, 3221 Burnette Road, Suwanee