Friday, September 10, 2010
© Copyright 2013
Gwinnett Daily Post
LAWRENCEVILLE — An upcoming open mic night will benefit a planned emergency shelter for homeless women and children.
The Open Mic Praise Celebration will be held Oct. 1 at VFW Post No. 5255 in Lawrenceville, and community members are invited to sign up to share songs, poetry and testimony.
If You Go
• What: Open Mic Praise Celebration to benefit soon-to-be-opened emergency shelter
• When: 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Oct. 1
• Where: VFW Post No. 5255, 368 Grayson Highway in Lawrenceville
• Cost: $10 for those 18 and older, $5 for ages 7 to 17 and free for kids 6 and younger
• For more information: Call 770-807-7486 or visit www.houseofjoynorcross.org
Doors will open at 5:30 p.m. and the event will be held from 6:30 to 9:30. Admission is $10 for individuals 18 and older, $5 for ages 7 to 17 and free for children 6 and younger.
Proceeds from the event will be used by Love in Action Outreach Ministries to fulfill its goal of opening the House of Joy Emergency Shelter this fall.
Members of the audience will select winners from the performances in a couple categories including most inspiring. The community group or organization with the most people present will receive a special token of appreciation.
Hourly drawings for door prizes will also be held.
For more information on the open mic event or Love in Action, call 770-807-7486 or visit www.houseofjoynorcross.org.