So, you think you’re good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week’s winner, Kathy Cox of Suwanee.
Here are last week’s questions again and the answers:
1. What Elvis Costello song was featured in “The Godfather III”?
A: “Miracle Man”
2. What was the first feature film released in the DVD (not laser-disc) format?
3. What movie did director Cecil B. DeMille make twice?
A: “The Ten Commandments”
4. Of all the movies that have won a Best Picture Oscar, which one generated the lowest box-office revenue?
A: “The Hurt Locker”
5. What deceased actor did Christian Slater replace in “Interview with the Vampire”?
A: River Phoenix
Now, for this week’s questions:
1. What is the common acting bond shared by Alanis Morissette, Tom Sizemore, Elliot Gould, Rodney Dangerfield, Sandra Bernhard and LL Cool J?
2. What multi-Oscar-winning performer currently appears in TV commercials hawking prescription meds?
3. What food or beverage item did Geena Davis’ character repeatedly put in and take out of a refrigerator in “Thelma & Louise”?
4. In what two U.S. cities was “Get Shorty” set?
5. In what movie did Woody Harrelson play an architect?
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please e-mail your answers, along with your name to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest” in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.