Friday, October 22, 2010
© Copyright 2013
Gwinnett Daily Post
Fire damages old Buford home
BUFORD — A Friday morning fire caused major damage to an old Buford home at Bona Road and New Street, officials said.
The fire, reported by a passerby at 8:45 a.m., was brought under control by fire crews at 9:11 a.m., said Fire Department spokesman Capt. Thomas Rutledge. No injuries were reported.
The fire caused heavy damage to the structure, he said.
The house was recently vacated, but still had some furniture and belongings inside, which were destroyed. The exact cause is under investigation, Rutledge said.
Cigarette blamed in Barrow blaze
AUBURN — An improperly discarded cigarette is to blame in a Thursday fire in Auburn that damaged a home in the 1400 block of Cronic Town Road, Barrow County officials said.
The fire, reported at 5:35 p.m., was caused by a cigarette that ignited contents in a pail being used as an ashtray. The fire then spread to the vinyl siding of the home’s garage and extended into the attic, said Barrow County Emergency Services spokesman Lt. Scott Dakin.
Firefighters brought it under control within minutes, and no injuries were reported, Dakin said.