Photo by Brian Giandelone
So, you think you're good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week's winner, Shirley Lanham of Winder.
Here are last week's questions again and the answers:
1. What is the common acting bond shared by Judi Dench, Emily Blunt, Cate Blanchett, Helen Mirren, Miranda Richardson and Glenda Jackson?
A: All of them played non-fictional female British monarchs
2. In what U.S. city was the final scene in the original "Planet of the Apes" set?
A: New York City
3. What famous French artist did John Leguizamo play in a movie?
A: Toulouse-Lautrec in "Moulin Rouge!"
4. What did Bruce Willis' character put into a toaster just before he shot John Travolta's character in "Pulp Fiction?"
A: Pop Tarts
5. What illegal drug did the Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman characters share in "Eyes Wide Shut?"
Now, for this week's questions:
1. Who was the last person to receive Oscar nominations for acting three years in a row?
2. What sports team did the Cuba Gooding Jr. character play for in "Jerry Maguire?"
3. In what two U.S. states is the movie "The Usual Suspects" set?
4. What fictional fast-food chain did Kevin Spacey's character work for in "American Beauty?"
5. Of the last 10 Best Picture winners, which one had the shortest running time?
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies. Please e-mail your answers, along with your name to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include "Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest" in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.