Monday, March 29, 2010
© Copyright 2015
Gwinnett Daily Post
Fire scorches kitchen
SNELLVILLE Grease on a stove is blamed in a Sunday afternoon house fire in the 3400 block of Glen Summit Lane in Snellville, officials said.
A neighbor reported the fire at 5:18 p.m., and fire crews had it under control about 20 minutes later, said Fire Department spokesman Capt. Thomas Rutledge.
The blaze, started by an unattended pot of grease, caused extensive damage to the kitchen and sent smoke throughout the structure, Rutledge said.
A family consisting of one adult and four children wasn't home at the time. No injuries were reported.
Welding crew starts fire
DULUTH A crew that was welding a metal staircase started a Monday afternoon apartment fire at 4175 Satellite Boulevard in Duluth, officials said.
Firefighters were dispatched at 5:06 p.m. to a fire burning inside an exterior wall and, due to the work being done on the stairs, had to use ladders to access the upper-level apartment, Rutledge said.
All 20 units of the Gwinnett Square apartment complex were evacuated temporarily. The fire was extinguished quickly and all residents were allowed to return to their apartments.
No injuries were reported.
From staff reports