Thursday, March 18, 2010
© Copyright 2013
Gwinnett Daily Post
Woman treated in blaze
NORCROSS -- Fire damaged a home Wednesday night in the 1500 block of Roman Point Drive in Norcross.
The home's occupant reported the fire at 8:41 p.m., and firefighters had it controlled about 20 minutes later, said Fire Department spokesman Capt. Thomas Rutledge.
Fire crews found fire in the attic and an exterior wall.
"The exact cause appears accidental, and may be electrical in nature," Rutledge said.
The blaze caused moderate damage to the attic and sent smoke throughout the structure, he said.
A woman who lived at the home was treated and released at the scene for minor smoke inhalation. No other injuries were reported, Rutledge said.
Crews respond to kitchen fire
NORCROSS -- Firefighters responded to a small kitchen fire in a Norcross apartment in the 3400 block of Chelsea Park Lane on Wednesday night.
The fire, reported at 10:32 p.m., was out when firefighters arrived. It appears accidental and was caused by unattended food on a stove, said Rutledge.
The fire caused minor damage and sent smoke throughout the apartment, he said.
A woman who doused the fire with a portable fire extinguisher was treated and released at the scene for minor smoke inhalation.
No other injuries were reported.