The Mill Creek Cluster Education Foundation recently announced grant awards for the 2009-10 school year to the following schools and educators in the Mill Creek cluster:
* Rick Milleman, Jones Middle School, forensic science
* Rich Holland, Jones Middle School, student mentor program
* Sharon Sanders, Ivy Creek Elementary School, Junior Great Books
* Beth Chiasson, Ivy Creek Elementary School, playground map
* Lisa Noga, Osborne Middle School, hot air balloons
* Dallas Gillespie, Osborne Middle School, Shutter Sense and Nonsense
* Christine Farrell, Patrick Elementary School, behavior management
* Jennifer Anderson, Harmony Elementary School, Robotics Club
"The Mill Creek Cluster Education Foundation is proud of the commitment of our educators to the students," said Wendell Agee, president of the Foundation. "Through these grants, the Foundation will support them through the development of innovative programs that enhance the learning environment for students."
Each year, educators in the Mill Creek cluster are provided the opportunity to apply for grants through the Foundation, a nonprofit organization established to support the educational and academic needs of the schools making up the Mill Creek community.
Heather Darenberg writes about education. Good News From Schools appears in the Sunday edition of the Gwinnett Daily Post.