Photo by Brian Giandelone
So, you think you're good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week's winner, Joseph Stickney of Atlanta.
Here are last week's questions again and the answers:
1. What performer received an Oscar nomination for playing themselves in a '90s film?
A: John Malkovich in "Being John Malkovich"
2. In what movie did Kevin Costner play a Russian spy?
A: "No Way Out"
3. What word was used to describe the machines made to look like humans in "Blade Runner?"
4. What is the common acting bond shared by Michael Caine, Diane Keaton, Dianne Wiest, Mira Sorvino and Penelope Cruz?
A: All won Oscars in movies directed by Woody Allen
5. What color is the jogging suit worn by the Uma Thurman character in "Kill Bill, Vol. 1?"
Now, for this week's questions:
1. What nonfictional college football coach was portrayed in "Forrest Gump?"
2. What product did the Tyler Durden character make and sell in "Fight Club?"
3. What actor turned down the leading roles in "American Gigolo," "An Officer and a Gentleman" and "Chicago" that were all ultimately played by Richard Gere?
4. What brothers played U.S. presidents Lyndon Johnson and Bill Clinton in TV movies?
5. What song is playing in the background when the Butch and Marsellus characters meet in a bar in "Pulp Fiction?"
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please e-mail your answers, along with your name to email@example.com. Include "Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest" in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.