LAWRENCEVILLE — Atlanta Magazine has released its annual list of “Top Doctors” from the metro area, and 12 Gwinnett Medical Center physicians made the cut, as well as one other Gwinnett resident.
The list, compiled yearly by a New York-based health care research firm, polls area doctors and asks them to name their most respected colleagues — those whom nominating physicians would send their own families.
From Gwinnett Medical Center:
• Dr. Roosevelt Allen Jr., urology
• Dr. David B. Arkin, diabetes
• Dr. Dinesh Chatoth, nephrology
• Dr. Louis I. Heller, interventional cardiology
• Dr. Theresa A. Lawrence, rheumatology
• Dr. Peter C. Mann, gynecology
• Dr. Phillip H. Nakano, plastic surgery
• Dr. Joseph F. Pohl, gynecology and obstetrics
• Dr. Manfred A. Sandler, cardiovascular disease
• Dr. Neill Videlefsky, pediatric cardiology
• Dr. Jonathan S. Weiss, dermatology
• Dr. John A. Zora, allergy and immunology
From Southeast Regional Health System:
• Dr. Richard D. Molina, maternal and fetal medicine
Source: Atlanta Magazine
This year’s list of 251 physicians across 49 specialties includes a dozen physicians from varying fields at Gwinnett Medical Center, which reflects an increase from years past, GMC spokeswoman Andrea Wehrmann said.
Also included is Dr. Richard D. Molina, a Gwinnett resident and 16-year veteran at Atlanta Maternal-Fetal Medicine.
According to Atlanta Magazine, researchers “sought to identify not only physicians who excel in academic medicine and research ... but also those who exhibit excellence in patient care.”