Photo by Brian Giandelone
So, you think you're good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week's winner, Richard Payne of Duluth.
Here are last week's questions again and the answers:
1. Who was the last person to win three or more Oscars in one night?
A: Francis Ford Coppola in 1975 for "The Godfather II" (Best Picture, Director, Screenplay)
2. What is the highest-grossing black-and-white movie of all time?
A: "Schindler's List"
3. What classic 1950 film is narrated by its deceased lead character?
A: "Sunset Boulevard"
4. What sequel film was directed by Jack Nicholson?
A: "The Two Jakes" (the sequel to "Chinatown")
5. What (non-fictional) brand of cigarettes does Joe Pesci's character smoke in "JFK?"
A: Lucky Strikes
Now, for this week's questions:
1. What performers received an Oscar nomination for playing themselves in a '90s film?
2. In what movie did Kevin Costner play a Russian spy?
3. What word was used to describe the machines made to look like humans in "Blade Runner?"
4. What is the common acting bond shared by Michael Caine, Diane Keaton, Dianne Wiest, Mira Sorvino and Penelope Cruz?
5. What color is the jogging suit worn by the Uma Thurman character in "Kill Bill, Vol. 1?"
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please e-mail your answers, along with your name to email@example.com. Include "Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest" in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.