Friday, July 30, 2010
© Copyright 2014
Gwinnett Daily Post
DULUTH -- Gwinnett County firefighters responded to the call of a gas leak at the Holiday Inn on Day Drive in Duluth on Friday afternoon, evacuating 30 occupants before stopping the leak.
A hotel worker reported the smell of gas about 2:47 p.m. Friday, and firefighters evacuated the occupants before finding the leak in a pipe leading to a boiler unit.
The leak was contained just before 4 p.m., fire spokesman Capt. Tommy Rutledge said, and employees and hotel guests were allowed to re-enter the building.
One female employee was evaluated at the scene for a heat-related emergency, Rutledge said.