DULUTH -- The 26th class of Leadership Gwinnett will begin in August, the Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce announced.
From the nearly 800 nominations received for the nine-month experience, Leadership Gwinnett alumni selected the final group of 36 based on work experience, accomplishments, community involvement, education and other information from their individual applications.
The program year is comprised of two overnight retreats, seven one-day symposia covering world-class community, infrastructure, economics, education, health and human services, justice and regional relations, as well as monthly study groups and other activities.
"Choosing the class requires balancing the occupations, qualifications and commitment of the candidates to insure a representation that reflects a cross section of the county," said Gail Macrenaris, the Gwinnett Chamber's director of leadership and education.
"The caliber of these applicants makes selection more difficult. Since the class size is limited to 36, many excellent candidates are not chosen on their first nomination. For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates to apply again if not selected."
Jim Maran, president of the Gwinnett Chamber, said the program has been a tremendous success for the county.
"Since the program's inception in 1985, over 800 alumni have taken their places in our community as decision makers and role models," Maran said. " Leadership graduates can be found in every aspect of Gwinnett business, civic and cultural life."
The 2010-11 Leadership Gwinnett class includes:
* Barbara Bender, Hamilton Financial, CPA
* Jody Campbell, Webb, Tanner, Powell, Mertz & Wilson, LLP
* Dave Donnelly, Cardiovascular Group, PC
* Samantha Dunn, Gwinnett Braves
* Rich Edinger, Clark Patterson, Lee
* Cheryl Fleetwood, New Mercies Christian Church
* Inman Houston, Lawrenceville First Baptist Church
* Amy Hutchins, Georgia Power Company
* Matt Hyatt, Rocket IT
* Asif Jessani, Complete Computer Solutions
* Mark Landtroop, Margaret Will Holt Elementary School
* Lanier Levett, Gregory B. Levett & Sons Funeral Home & Crematory
* Nick Masino, Gwinnett Chamber
* Randy Meacham, Gwinnett Municipal Association
* Suzanne Molock, Gwinnett Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine
* Holly Moore, Growing Leaders
* Spencer Murphy, BB&T
* Bill Myers, Gwinnett Fire and Emergency Services
* Laine Nowell, Wachovia
* Kevin O'Brien, Ameriprise Financial
* Letycia Pastrana, Gwinnett Village Community Alliance
* Kenneth Poe, Gwinnett County Human Resources Department
* Ginger Powell, Gwinnett Medical Center Foundation
* James Rayford, Gwinnett County Public Schools
* Jon Richards, Site ROI, Inc.
* Bill Rosenberg
* Tom Savage, Gwinnett County Police Department
* Victoria Seals, Gwinnett Technical College
* Rebecca Spitler, Management Consulting
* Charles Swain, Colliers Spectrum Cauble Management
* Katie Sweeney, Gwinnett Federal Credit Union
* Donald Swift, Andersen, Tate & Carr, PC
* Victor Sze, Raymond James
* Gwen Tatum, Shiloh High School
* Regina Vella, Georgia Gwinnett College
* Glen Williams, i9Sports