As of Thursday, January 26, 2012
© Copyright 2014 Gwinnett Daily Post
Dakota's Bar and Grill
- Open since: Late 2007/early 2008
- Location: The restaurant is tucked between an Exxon gas station and a car wash near Auburn City Hall.
- Hours: 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays, 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. Fridays, 11 a.m. to midnight Saturdays and 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sundays
- Owners: Lawrenceville residents Gus Lolakis and Skip Martin
- Atmosphere: The sports bar atmosphere is consistent throughout Dakota's which is divided into three dining areas: one with booth seating to the right of the entrance, a bar area behind that and a section with booth and table seating to the left of the bar. Flatscreen TVs are scattered throughout. Customers can also dine on the five-table patio that spans a portion of the front of the building.
- Menu: Typical sports bar fare -- wings and burgers -- is complemented by more elaborate preparings for steaks and seafood. But the wings and burgers still top the list of most popular menu items.
- Things you might not know: The retail space adjacent to Dakota's will eventually become an entertainment and arcade space where kids' karaoke, comedy nights and other events are planned. Dakota's owners hope to have the space ready to open by Sept. 1.