So, you think you’re good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week’s winner, Kimberly Watson of Auburn.
Here are last week’s questions again and the answers:
1. Name the first feature “talkie” film (the first movie with audible dialogue).
A: “The Jazz Singer”
2. What is the common musical bond shared by the movies “Despicable Me,” “Forrest Gump,” “To Die For,” “Sahara,” “Con Air” and “The Girl Next Door?”
A: All feature the Lynyrd Skynyrd song “Sweet Home Alabama”
3. Who played a high school principal in the movie “ET” only to have his scene unreleased and ending up on the cutting room floor?
A: Harrison Ford
4. The house blown up in “Lethal Weapon” previously belonged to which fictional TV family?
A: “The Partridge Family”
5. What accounting firm tabulates the votes for the Academy Awards?
Now, for this week’s
1. What Oscar winner is seen in a current “Snickers” TV commercial?
2. Name the most recent recipient of both a lead and supporting acting Oscar.
3. What is the common bond shared between the films “Purple Rain,” “Fargo,” “Juno,” “Grumpy Old Men” and “Jennifer’s Body”?
4. What was the destination location of the ship in “The Poseidon Adventure”?
5. Name the store where Harry Potter purchased his magic wand.
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please e-mail your answers, along with your name to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Gwinnett Daily Post he Trivia Contest” in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.