4 displaced by Dacula fire

DACULA — A Thursday night fire displaced four Dacula residents from a home in the 2700 block of Freemans Mill Road, officials said.

The fire, reported at 10:29 p.m., heavily damaged the home before fire crews brought it under control about 30 minutes later. No injuries were reported.

Fire Department spokesman Capt. Thomas Rutledge said the blaze appears accidental, having originated from the chimney.

A man and child home at the time had been burning a fire in a wood stove when the flames spread to the roof. The two escaped and called 911.

Firefighters rescued a small dog from inside the house during a search for victims. The animal was not hurt, Rutledge said.

Two adults and two children were displaced, Rutledge said.