So, you think you’re good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week’s winner, Mary Lupoli of Flowery Branch.
Here are last week’s questions again and the answers:
1. What actor had two movies place in last week’s box office Top 10?
A: Steve Carell with “Despicable Me” and “Dinner For Schmucks”
2. What is the name of Adam Sandler’s production company?
A: Happy Madison
3. In what U.S. city was “Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy” set?
A: San Diego
4. Name a performer who received an Oscar nomination for playing a non-fictional professional athlete.
A: Answers included: Matt Damon, Mickey Rourke, Will Smith, Gary Cooper, Robert de Niro and Denzel Washington
5. Who was the last person under the age of 18 to receive an Oscar nomination for acting?
A: Saoirse Ronan in “Atonement” (age 13)
Now, for this week’s questions:
1. Name someone who has won an acting Oscar, hosted a top 10-rated TV show and also had a No. 1 Top 40 single as both a solo artist and as the member of a duo or group.
2. Van Morrison performed what Pink Floyd song in what film?
3. Name three countries where “The Godfather II” was set.
4. Who received an Oscar nomination for playing a famous CBS News broadcaster?
5. Who has hosted the Oscar ceremonies the most times?
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please e-mail your answers, along with your name to email@example.com. Include “Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest” in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.