0

Grease fire displaces family

LOGANVILLE -- Occupants were cooking at their Loganville home Monday evening when a pan of grease ignited on the stove, causing extensive smoke and heat damage, officials said.

Firefighters responded to the home on the 4000 block of Savannah Ridge Trace just before 7 p.m., finding heavy smoke out the front door, Rutledge said. Crews quickly extinguished the kitchen blaze in the basement of the single-story house, but the fire caused "extensive smoke and heat damage to the basement and sent smoke throughout the rest of the house," Rutledge said.