Thursday, August 5, 2010
© Copyright 2013
Gwinnett Daily Post
SNELLVILLE -- A Thursday night house fire in Snellville has been ruled accidental and is believed to have been caused by an unattended pot left on a stove.
A neighbor reported seeing flames coming from the home on Imperial Drive just before 8 p.m. Thursday, and firefighters responded to find heavy flames showing from the roof of the single-story home, spokesman Capt. Tommy Rutledge said.
Firefighters were able to obtain a quick knockdown of the fire, with only moderate damage to the kitchen.
No one was home at the time of the incident, Rutledge said, but the residents reported cooking on the stove before leaving to go to church.