0

Person burned in Buford blaze

BUFORD -- A Buford resident possibly smoking in bed has suffered life-threatening injuries after catching a mattress on fire in their bedroom, officials said.

Gwinnett County firefighters arrived on the scene at 1100 Danube Trail and found the fire already extinguished, spokesman Lt. Eric Eberly said, but found extensive damage to a bedroom and one victim in critical condition.

Medical units were providing life-saving measures as the victim was transported to a metro area burn center, Eberly said.