LAWRENCEVILLE -- The Gwinnett County Board of Education will go out on the road this month for a series of meetings throughout the county.
The first area board meeting is tonight at Mountain View High School. The meetings are a time for the school board to share information with the public and for residents to discuss education topics with their elected officials.
During the meeting, Superintendent J. Alvin Wilbanks will also address the state of the school district, focusing on the development of the system's strategic priorities and current budget challenges, according to the school system's Web site.
The meetings are organized by clusters, but residents may attend whichever meeting they prefer. All meetings begin at 7 p.m. in the host school's theater, with refreshments served at 6:30 p.m.
The area board meetings are scheduled as follows:
* Tonight at Mountain View High School, 2351 Sunny Hill Road, Lawrenceville (Collins Hill, Mill Creek, Mountain View, North Gwinnett and Peachtree Ridge clusters)
* April 20 at Duluth High School, 3737 Brock Road, Duluth (Duluth and Norcross clusters)
* April 22 at Meadowcreek High School, 4455 Steve Reynolds Blvd., Norcross (Berkmar, Meadowcreek and Parkview clusters)
* April 27 at Archer High School 2255 New Hope Road, Lawrenceville (Archer, Central Gwinnett, Dacula and Grayson clusters)
* April 29 at Shiloh High School, 4210 Shiloh Road, Snellville (Brookwood, Shiloh and South Gwinnett clusters)
For more information, visit www.gwinnett.k12.ga.us.