LAWRENCEVILLE - Gwinnett District Attorney Danny Porter said he plans to review a report by police detectives before deciding whether to seek the death penalty against quadruple-murder suspect Richard Ringold.
"I never decide until I see all of the evidence," Porter said Monday.
The shootings mark the highest body count for a single crime scene in Gwinnett since the mid-1980s, when at least six people were killed in a Norcross-area shooting, Porter said.
Ringold is accused of shooting five people and killing four last Thursday night at his Lawrenceville home.
The lone shooting victim to survive, an unnamed 4-year-old girl, is expected to recover following treatment at Scottish Rite Hospital in Atlanta, said Gwinnett police spokeswoman Cpl. Illana Spellman.
The victims are a slain 11-year-old girl, Atania Butler, 28, Rico Zimmerman, 19, and Lakeisha Parker, 30.
Both of the unidentified young girls were Butler's daughters. Investigators believe she and Ringold were romantically involved, though he was legally married to his estranged wife, Stefanie Ringold of Loganville.
A third woman in the home escaped to a neighbor's house to call 911, police said.
Ringold remains at the Gwinnett County Jail without bond, charged with four counts of murder and one count of aggravated assault.
Police said Ringold, 44, was unarmed and surrendered without incident when he returned to his home shortly after midnight Friday in the 2002 Dodge Intrepid police had been looking for.
He's scheduled to appear at a probable cause hearing Friday in Gwinnett Magistrate Court.