As of Thursday, January 26, 2012
© Copyright 2015 Gwinnett Daily Post
Messina's Mediterranean Cuisine
- Open since: 1995 as Kalamata and since 2005 as Messina's Mediterranean Cuisine
- Location: Messina's is off the stretch of Lawrenceville Highway that runs between Beaver Ruin Road and Pleasant Hill Road.
- Hours: 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and open 30 minutes later, until 10:30 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays
- Owners: Roozy Dehgahi, now 29, started working at the Greek restaurant Kalamata in Lilburn as a dish washer while attending Parkview High School. In 2005, he and his brother, Shah, now 24, took over the business and renamed it Messina's after the small Italian city. The duo expanded the menu to include Italian dishes as well as Persian-inspired daily specials and continue to oversee the daily operations.
- Atmosphere: Messina's is a small but bright place where the interior is divided into two dining areas. The one to the left upon entering the restaurant leads to the bar and offers regular table seating. On the right is the main dining area, where regular table and booth seating are provided. A large patio area outside offers an outdoor seating option.
- Menu: Messina's Mediterranean Cuisine serves up primarily Greek and Italian fare.
- Things you might not know: Messina's hosts belly dancing the first Saturday of every month.
More like this story
- The Dish: Messina's Mediterranean Cuisine ( November 26, 2009 )
- THE DISH: Messina’s Mediterranean Cuisine ( February 12, 2015 )
- It's all Greek to me: Restaurants differ in atmosphere but offer similar cuisine ( September 16, 2007 )
- THE DISH: Mykonos Kouzzina & Pizzeria ( July 12, 2012 )
- The Dish: Adriatic Grill ( April 10, 2014 )