· Open since: October 1997
· Location: Cardamuro's Italian Cafe is tucked into the Publix Shopping Center off Cumming Highway in Buford.
· Hours: 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and 4:30 to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday, noon to 10 p.m. Saturdays and 4 to 9 p.m. Sundays
· Owner: Pasquale Cardamuro grew up in Naples, Italy, in the restaurant business his grandfather started and his father continued. He attended culinary school in Italy before moving to the United States about 25 years ago.
· Atmosphere: Cardamuro's offers booth, table and counter seating in a homey atmosphere where the highlight of the décor is a small village filled with tiny figurines atop a mantle.
· Menu: Cardamuro's Italian Cafe offers authentic Italian dishes made from family recipes. The linguini mare chiaro is one of the most popular dishes and is made with fresh jumbo shrimp, calamari and mussels sautéed in a spicy marinara sauce and served over linguini pasta. The seafood Cardamuro is another customer favorite of shrimp and calamari, broccoli, spinach and fresh tomatoes sauteed in a spicy garlic sauce with a touch of white wine served over pasta.
Pasquale Cardamuro makes his own lasagna of fresh pasta layered with beef, mozzarella and ricotta cheeses and topped with melted cheese and tomato sauce.
· Things you might not know: Cardamuro's offers a line of enticing Italian desserts that include lemon, orange and pineapple ripieno - sorbets served in natural fruit shells - and the exotic bomba - mango, passion fruit and raspberry sorbetto all covered in white chocolate and drizzled with chocolate.
SideBar: On the menu
· Ravioli - Fresh pasta sheets stuffed with ricotta and parmesan cheeses topped with tomato sauce, $10.95
· Gnocchi pesto - Italian potato dumplings with fresh basil, olive oil and a creamy parmesan sauce, $11.95
· Cheese calzone - Fresh, homemade pizza dough stuffed with ricotta and mozzarella cheeses baked and served with tomato sauce, $7.95
· Eggplant rolletini - Eggplant stuffed with spinach and ricotta cheese topped with mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce, $7.95