Cooking fire damages home

SNELLVILLE - Teens cooking French fries accidentally set a kitchen fire Wednesday that damaged a Forest Dawn Court home in Snellville, officials said.

Firefighters kept the 5:30 p.m. blaze from extending beyond the kitchen. The fire appears to have originated from a pot of grease cooking on a stove, said Fire Department spokesman Capt. Thomas Rutledge.

No injuries were reported.

Resident extinguishes fire

NORCROSS - Fire crews responded to an apartment in the 1800 block of Tree Corners Parkway in Norcross to find a resident had already doused a stove fire with a portable extinguisher.

No injuries were reported in the 6:10 p.m. blaze, Rutledge said.