Seaya Sports Sushi Bar
1300 Peachtree Industrial Blvd., Suite 3101, Suwanee
· Open since: April
· Location: Seaya Sports Sushi Bar is off Peachtree Industrial Boulevard in Suwanee.
· Hours: 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday for lunch and
4 p.m. to midnight Monday through Sunday for dinner
· Owner: Duluth resident John Paek has 30 years of experience in the restaurant industry, particularly the sushi market.
· Atmosphere: Seaya is a sports bar that serves primarily sushi. A full bar and several flat screen TVs contribute to the sports bar atmosphere, while contemporary furnishings create a more upscale look for the dining area. Table, booth and bar seating are available, and a patio offers an outdoor dining option.
"Sushi and sports, some people say, 'What's that?'" Paek laughed.
Seaya hosts Texas Hold 'Em poker tournaments every Wednesday.
· Menu: Seaya Sports Sushi Bar offers an all-you-can-eat lunch option for $9.99 from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Guests can select from nigiri - sushi rice and fresh fish, including mackerel, salmon, red snapper and tuna - and more than 15 sushi rolls.
The restaurant's full menu offers appetizers, tempura (battered and deep-fried seafood and vegetables) and spicy, cooked and vegetable sushi rolls, as well as hibachi-style dinners from the kitchen. A children's menu offers chicken fingers and fries, egg fried rice, sushi boxes and more.
Seaya also takes requests.
"Whatever the customer wants, I can make," Paek said.
· Things you might not know: Seaya means "ocean house" in Japanese.
SideBar: On the menu
· Japanese hot dog - Yellow tail and scallion roll deep fried and topped with a special spicy sauce, $8.95
· Chicken wings - Spicy or teriyaki sauce, 10 pieces, $5.99, 20 pieces, $10.99
· New York steak teriyaki dinner - Served with mixed vegetables, soup, salad and steamed rice, $17.95