Truck plows into Buford home

BUFORD - A pickup truck plowed into the garage of a Buford home Saturday evening, causing the driver serious injuries, an official said.

The driver, who was not identified, struck a home in the 3800 block of Hannahberry Place off South Bogan Road about 6:30 p.m., Fire Department spokesman Capt. Thomas Rutledge said.

The truck reportedly left the roadway and caromed off a parked vehicle in the driveway before hitting the garage. The home's occupants were inside at the time but were not injured.

"The vehicle went into the garage and did not penetrate the home's main living space," Rutledge said.

The driver was transported to Gwinnett Medical Center in Lawrenceville with serious injuries, Rutledge said. Officials offered no explanation as to why the man left the road.

The Fire Department's technical rescue team responded to the scene to verify the home's structural stability. No other injuries were reported.

Man hospitalized in Sunday fire

NORCROSS - A Norcross man is undergoing treatment at Grady Memorial Hospital after a fire burned the roof off his home early Sunday.

Firefighters found flames shooting from the Norcross home in the 5200 block of Downs Lane, off Singleton Road, when they arrived about 12:30 a.m. Saturday.

Outside the single-story home, firefighters found two men with burn injuries who lived in the home. One man was treated at the scene and released, while the other was transported to Atlanta. Five children and another adult occupant evacuated unharmed, Rutledge said.

Rutledge said the fire originated on a bedroom mattress, extended to the home's attic and burned off the roof over the bedroom. Fire crews controlled the blaze in about 30 minutes, he said.

The Red Cross is providing assistance to the eight displaced occupants.

The exact cause of the fire is under investigation but does not appear to be suspicious, Rutledge said.

Fire burns Suwanee kitchen

SUWANEE - A Sunday evening stove fire damaged the kitchen of a Suwanee home in the 5100 block of Moore Road.

Fire crews controlled the 6:05 p.m. fire in about 25 minutes, keeping it mostly contained to the kitchen, Rutledge said.

No injuries were reported.

The fire appears to have accidentally originated from a stove, Rutledge said.