Sunday, March 8, 2009
© Copyright 2013
Gwinnett Daily Post
SUWANEE - Gwinnett firefighters extinguished a fire burning in a piece of textile machinery inside a warehouse in Suwanee on Saturday.
A commercial iron at Blockbuster Linen Services caught fire early Saturday morning. Firefighters were called in after employees of the business tried to douse the flames with portable fire extinguishers. About 15 to 20 employees were evacuated from the building, but no injuries were reported.
The fire caused moderate damage to the machinery and sent smoke throughout a portion of the warehouse, but the business was allowed to remain open after firefighters left the scene.