Saturday, March 7, 2009
© Copyright 2014
Gwinnett Daily Post
DULUTH - Firefighters responded to a home in the 3000 block of Isleworth Trace in Duluth to control a fireplace blaze Friday morning.
A woman was treated and released at the scene for minor smoke inhalation after she tried to douse the fire with a portable extinguisher, said Fire Department spokesman Capt. Thomas Rutledge.
Firefighters contained the 7:21 a.m. blaze to the fireplace. No damage to the home or other injuries were reported.
The woman was apparently operating the fireplace with the damper closed, Rutledge said.