0

Kitchen fire hospitalizes 1

LAWRENCEVILLE - A small kitchen fire in Lawrenceville landed a resident at Gwinnett Medical Center for treatment related to smoke inhalation Tuesday morning, officials said.

Firefighters contained the 5 a.m. fire in the 1900 block of South Oak Drive to a pot on a stove of the split-level home, Fire Department spokesman Capt. Thomas Rutledge said.

The fire originated from unattended food left on the stove in grease, Rutledge said.

Two women were home at the time cooking breakfast, and both were treated at the scene for minor smoke inhalation. One woman was transported to the hospital for further evaluation, Rutledge said.