Tuesday, July 21, 2009
© Copyright 2013
Gwinnett Daily Post
SNELLVILLE - A Monday morning house fire was quickly extinguished, but not before it claimed two family pets.
Firefighters responded just after 9 a.m. to the two-story wood frame home in the 3300 block of McIntosh Lane after neighbors called 911 to report the fire.
Upon their arrival, crews found light smoke showing and a fire burning in the family room. The blaze was contained to the one room but sent smoke and heat throughout the home, Gwinnett Fire Department spokesman Capt. Thomas Rutledge said.
No one was home at the time of the fire, Rutledge said, despite initial reports that someone could have been inside. Two pit bulls were found deceased.
The fire appears to be accidental and may be electrical in nature, Rutledge said.