Tuesday, July 21, 2009
© Copyright 2013
Gwinnett Daily Post
ZONING CASES - ON THE AGENDA: Here's a look at rezonings and other requests the Gwinnett County Planning Commission will consider today. The panel meets 7 p.m. at the Gwinnett Justice and Administration Center, 75 Langley Drive, Lawrenceville.
1. RZC-08-084 & SUP-08-066: Rezone 8.96 acres from single-family residence district to office and institutional district and grant special-use permits to allow for 141,596 square feet of a senior assisted living facility, a free-standing day care center and to allow a height increase on the senior facility from three stories to four. Location is the 5700 block of Spalding Drive. Planning department recommended approval with conditions.
2. RZC-09-022: Rezone 19.86 acres from multi-family residence district and general-business district to all general-business district to allow for the development of four buildings totaling 38,888 square feet. Two of the buildings would contain convenience stores with fuel pumps. Location is the 2700 block of Boggs Road and the 1300 block of Old Norcross Road. Planning department recommended approval with conditions.
3. RZM-09-001: Rezone 25.38 acres from single-family residence district to a single-family residence townhouse district to allow for the development of 163 townhomes in 22 buildings. Location is the 1200 block of Old Peachtree Road and the 1200 block of Mill Shyre Way. Planning department recommended denial.
4. RZR-09-003: Rezone 0.61 acres from an office and institutional district to a single-family residence district to convert an old office back into a single-family dwelling unit. Location is the 5100 block of South Old Peachtree Road. Planning department recommended denial.
5. SUP-09-038: Applicant requests a special-use permit to allow for a full service automotive car wash on a 1.36-acre piece of property in a general business district. Location is at the 3400 block of Centerville Highway. Planning department recommended approval with conditions.
6. CIC-09-017: Applicant requests a change in conditions for 3.99-acre piece of property in a single-family residence district to allow for the construction of a new, 7,860-square-foot fellowship hall at the Greater Atlanta Vedic Temple Society. The location is the 400 block of Harmony Grove Road. Planning department recommended approval with conditions.