So, you think you're good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week's winner, Joann Norman of Lawrenceville.
Here are last week's questions again and the answers:
1. What financial item/service employed the late, Oscar-winning actor Karl Malden as one its earliest pitch men?
A: American Express money orders
2. When was the last year the Academy Awards "Best Picture" category had 10 nominees?
A: 1944 (for films released in 1943 and 1942)
3. What household cleaning product did the bride's father character in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" believe to have medicinal qualities?
4. What is the common movie bond shared by Clark Gable, Errol Flynn, Marlon Brando and Mel Gibson?
A: All played the Mr. Christian character in films based on the book "Mutiny on the Bounty"
5. What Beatles' song inspired and shared its title with a 1976 made-for-TV film?
A: "Helter Skelter"
Now, for this week's questions:
1. What is the common acting bond shared by Gary Cooper, Ray Liotta, John Cusack, John Goodman and Tommy Lee Jones?
2. Name the last movie to receive Oscar nominations for Best Lead and Supporting Actor, Best Lead and Supporting Actress, Best Picture, Original Screenplay and Best Director.
3. Name a performer whose characters die in three different Coen Brothers' movies.
4. What was the cost of a milkshake at the Jack Rabbit Slims restaurant in "Pulp Fiction?"
5. In what movie did Bruce Willis and Julia Roberts play each other's characters' romantic interests?
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please e-mail your answers, along with your name to clarkwriter@
mindspring.com. Include "Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest" in the subject
line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with
the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the
Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.