· Open since: September
· Location: Yuki is nestled in the Publix shopping center off Sugarloaf Parkway where it intersects with Five Forks Trickum Road.
· Hours: Lunch is offered from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, while dinner is served from 5 to 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 5 to 11 p.m. Fridays. Yuki is open from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturdays and 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sundays.
· Owner: James Kim of Atlanta
· Atmosphere: Yuki offers an open dining area divided into two sections, one for hibachi grill and the other with regular tables. Chairs also line the sushi bar.
· Menu: Yuki offers an extensive menu, with traditional hibachi selections and more than 50 regular and special sushi rolls. A la carte sushi is available, as well as plenty of options for appetizers, a handful of soup selections and seven choices for salads. Lunch boxes are available, which include various combinations of grilled meats, vegetables, fruits, tempura and sushi.
Popular selections at Yuki include the Dynamite Yaki appetizer - grilled crab meat, mushrooms, masago (caviar) and avocado mixed with Japanese mayo - the black dragon roll of crab, cucumber, avocado and top whole eel, the seaweed salad and the shrimp tempura.
Yuki also offers signature cocktails, including the popular Yuki Special, a mixture of rum, pineapple juice, orange juice, lime juice, triple sec and grenadine, along with martinis and daiquiris.
· Things you might not know: Yuki offers ladies nights every Monday and ladies receive a free glass of wine with their entree. Happy hour is offered from
5 to 6:30 p.m. weekdays.
SideBar: On the menu
· Lobster soup - Japanese bean paste with lobster tail, kamaboko, mushroom and bean curds, $5.95
· Lunch combination of two hibachi options of shrimp, scallops, calamari, salmon, steak or chicken served with salad, soup, hibachi vegetables and steamed or fried rice, $13.95
· Yuki Zen dinner special - Six pieces of sashimi, four pieces of sushi, shrimp vegetable tempura, salmon tropical teriyaki, oshinko (pickled vegetables) with fresh salad, miso soup and rice, $25.95