Selected home-video releases available this week:
· ""Lakeview Terrace'
Move in next door to a cop and all should be well, right? Not if the cop is a crazy guy played by Samuel L. Jackson. The bad-neighbor thriller stars Jackson as a Los Angeles policeman who doesn't care for the interracial relationship of the new people next door (Patrick Wilson and Kerry Washington) and takes it on himself to harass them back to where they came from. The DVD and Blu-ray come with deleted scenes, commentary from Washington and director Neil LaBute and three behind-the-scenes featurettes. DVD, $28.96; Blu-ray, $39.95. (Sony)
· ""Vicky Cristina Barcelona'
Woody Allen made one of his periodic returns to commercial status and scored some of his highest marks with critics in years on this romance set in Spain. Allen collaborates for the third time with Scarlett Johansson, who stars as an adventurous American on vacation in Spain with a staid pal (Rebecca Hall), the two of them caught up in a love quadrangle with a lusty painter (Javier Bardem) and his volatile ex-wife (Penelope Cruz). Fans will have to do without DVD extras, as Allen prefers to let his movies speak for themselves. DVD, $28.95; Blu-ray, $34.99. (Genius)
Christian crowds made a hit out of this inspirational drama starring Kirk Cameron as a firefighter who realizes his biggest rescue mission is not battling blazes but salvaging his shaky marriage. Among the DVD extras are deleted scenes, a reel of bloopers and behind-the-scenes pranks and a handful of making-of featurettes. Director Alex Kendrick and producer Stephen Kendrick, who co-wrote the screenplay, also collaborate for audio commentary. DVD, $28.95. (Sony)
· ""Pride and Glory'
Corruption, distrust and betrayal threaten to shatter a family of New York cops in this crime drama starring Edward Norton, Colin Farrell and Jon Voight. Norton plays a detective reluctantly enlisted by his dad to investigate the shooting deaths of four fellow officers, a case that forces him to put his brother and brother-in-law under scrutiny. The movie comes in a bare-bones single-disc DVD or in a two-disc DVD set and Blu-ray release with a feature-length making-of documentary and a digital copy of the flick for portable video players. Single-disc DVD, $28.98; two-disc DVD set, $34.99; Blu-ray, $35.99. (Warner Bros.)
TV on DVD
· ""Cheers: The Final
Season' - Ted Danson's Boston bar, the place where everybody knows your name, shuts its doors after 11 years as one of TV's top comedy hits. The last 28 episodes, including the 90-minute series finale, arrive in a four-disc set. DVD set, $42.99. (Paramount)
· ""The Love Boat: Season Two, Volume One' - Romance sails again in the show set aboard a luxury liner where new relationships bloom. The four-disc set has the first half of year two. DVD set, $39.99. (Paramount)
·""Blossom: Seasons 1 & 2'- Mayim Bialik has the title role in the 1990s series about a savvy teen with oddball friends and family. The first 37 episodes come in a six-disc package, along with commentary and featurettes. DVD set, $49.99. (Shout)
Other new releases
·""RocknRolla' - Guy Ritchie directs a huge ensemble that includes Gerard Butler, Thandie Newton, Tom Wilkinson and Idris Elba in a crime romp centered on real-estate schemes in London's underworld. Extras on a two-disc DVD set and the Blu-ray release include Ritchie commentary. The movie also comes in a bare-bones single-disc DVD. Single-disc DVD, $27.95; two-disc DVD set, $34.99; Blu-ray, $35.99. (Warner Bros.)
· ""The Rocker' - Rainn Wilson's a loser kicked out of an '80s metal band just before they hit it big who has a second shot at stardom 20 years later after he signs on as drummer for his nephew's group. The two-disc DVD set and Blu-ray release include deleted scenes, commentary and making-of segments. DVD set, $29.99; Blu-ray, $39.99. (20th Century Fox)
· ""The Lucky Ones' - Tim Robbins, Rachel McAdams and Michael Pena play three wounded U.S. soldiers on an impromptu cross-country journey while on leave from Iraq. The DVD includes a making-of featurette. DVD, $27.98. (Lionsgate)
· ""College' - Drake Bell, Kevin Covais, Andrew Caldwell and Nick Zano star in a comedy about freshman fraternity pledges getting even with the upper-classmen. The DVD includes a gag reel. DVD, $29.98. (20th Century Fox)
- The Associated Press