0

Buford Chick-fil-A set to reopen soon
Restaurant closed for repairs after fire

BUFORD - A Chick-fil-A restaurant damaged by a fire on Christmas Eve will reopen Feb. 16, the owner said.

Chick-fil-A at Mall of Georgia at Mill Creek suffered smoke and heat damage from the fire that broke out after the restaurant closed Dec. 24, said Justine Warnstrom, the unit marketing director. The fire was likely sparked by an electrical short in a fan that powers the waffle fry holding pan.

Because fire-resistant materials prevented a blaze, the smoke wasn't detected by authorities until about 1:30 a.m. Christmas, when an alarm was set off, Warnstrom said.

Some of the store's 55 employees have been able to work shifts at Chick-fil-A restaurants throughout metro Atlanta, owner Steve Warnstrom said.

Several activities are planned for the week of the restaurant's reopening.