Man found dead in Bahama Breeze parking lot

DULUTH - Driving home from work in Marietta last Wednesday night, Marc Stewart called his longtime girlfriend to ask if she'd like him to pick up some carry-out.

It was the last time she'd hear the Stone Mountain resident alive.

An employee at a Bahama Breeze restaurant on Breckinridge Boulevard in Duluth found Stewart, 39, dead inside his Ford Explorer about 10 p.m. on Valentine's Day.

An autopsy is pending at the Gwinnett Medical Examiners Office to determine his cause of death. Police on Monday declined to say why anyone would want the entertainment executive and father of a 2-year-old girl dead.

"It's too early in the investigation to speak on any motives," said Gwinnett police spokeswoman Cpl. Illana Spellman. She said no information as to the identity of any suspects could be released.

Stewart acted as president and CEO of Island Coast Entertainment, a marketing and promotions agency for Caribbean and hip-hop acts staging events in metro Atlanta, according to associates and his MySpace page.

More than 100 family and friends gathered Sunday night for a candlelight vigil in Stewart's honor at the Torch Theaters in Lithonia, where a movie which Stewart had promoted was set to premiere that same night.

Stewart's acquaintances fear he was the victim of a random act of violence, possibly robbery. His neighbor, who wished to remain anonymous, said Stewart's debit card and cell phone were used by someone other than him in recent days.

His girlfriend filed a missing persons report last week, she said.

Stewart was "just carefree, always smiling, just very complimentary," said his neighbor. "We are definitely hurting and shocked.

"We want to get this person caught."

Funeral arrangements for Stewart are pending, she said.

Stewart's murder is the second instance of bloodshed linked to the popular Duluth eatery in the last year.

A gunman opened fire on two men - killing Erick Anthony Livsey, 40, of Decatur - Aug. 2 in the same parking lot during a botched cocaine deal, police said.

One man, Miguel A. Dominguez-Reyes, of Lawrenceville, was arrested in December and charged with murder for allegedly orchestrating the drug deal, but the shooter remains at large.