Gwinnett Medical Center Foundation president appointed
LAWRENCEVILLE - Gwinnett Medical Center recently appointed Jason Chandler as president of the GMC Foundation.
Chandler previously worked at Belmont University in Nashville, Tenn., where he served as senior director of development. Before that, he worked in various development positions at Emory University for several years, including director of development for the Department of Medicine.
Chandler has a master's degree in philanthropic studies from Indiana University and a bachelor's degree from the University of Tennessee. He is involved in many community and professional groups such as the National Exchange Club, Close to the Cure Foundation Advisory Committee, the Association of Fundraising Professionals and the LifeChurch Leaders Team.
Chandler and his family lived in Snellville while he was working at Emory. He and his wife, Monica, have two children, who were both born at Gwinnett Medical Center.
His first day will be Feb. 23.
Fraternity, sorority readings planned for black history
LAWRENCEVILLE - Members of the Lawrenceville-Duluth Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Inc. and the Upsilon Alpha Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc. will read each Saturday this month at Gwinnett County library branches.
Two to three representatives from each organization will read to ensure the Gwinnett community is aware of and celebrates black legacy and history, while promoting reading, literacy and lifelong learning, according to a news release.
Readings are scheduled as follows:
· 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Collins Hill branch
· 11 a.m. to noon Saturday, Centerville branch
· 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. Saturday, Duluth branch
· 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Feb. 14, Norcross branch
· 11 a.m. to noon Feb. 14, Snellville branch
· 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. Feb. 14, Buford-Sugar Hill branch
· 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Feb. 21, Five Forks branch
· 11 a.m. to noon Feb. 21, Lilburn branch
· 1 to 2 p.m. Feb. 21, Dacula branch
· 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. Feb. 21, Suwanee branch
· 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Feb. 28, Grayson branch
· 11 a.m. to noon Feb. 28, Lawrenceville branch
· 1 to 2 p.m. Feb. 28, Peachtree Corners branch
· 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. Feb. 28, Mountain Park branch
For more information about branch locations, visit www.gwinnettpl.org.
Gwinnett Gab appears in the Thursday and Sunday editions of the Gwinnett Daily Post. To submit an item to Gwinnett Gab, e-mail email@example.com.