WINDER -- An undercover investigation led to the rescue of a Gwinnett businessman kidnapped in Barrow County last week, authorities said Monday.
The 38-year-old man, who police did not identify, was abducted Wednesday from his place of business in Barrow County and transported somewhere in Gwinnett, where he lives, authorities said.
Investigators at state and local levels found the man and negotiated his release within hours of the kidnapping, said Barrow County Sheriff's Office spokesman Investigator Matt Guthas. He was not harmed during the incident.
His alleged abductors -- Antonio Alvarez, 26, of Stone Mountain, and Alejandro Hernandez, 38, of Norcross -- were arrested on charges of kidnapping, false imprisonment, terroristic threats and acts and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime.
Both are being held in the Barrow County Detention Center without bond.
Authorities kept most details of the investigation under wraps Monday.
Guthas wouldn't say what type of business the alleged victim operates, what city his business is in or where he was recovered. A motive is under investigation, he said.
"We're not disclosing any information at this point that could identify the victim," said Guthas, "for safety considerations and to protect the integrity of the investigation."
Officials with the Sheriff's Office and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation are continuing the investigation, Guthas said.