So, you think you're good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week's winner, Darren Mack of Kennesaw.
Here are last week's questions again and the answers:
1. Name the last song to win the Oscar for Best Original song that also hit No. 1 on the Billboard Top 40 chart.
A: "Lose Yourself" by Eminem from "8 Mile."
2. What iconic lawman character was turned down by John Wayne, Frank Sinatra and Paul Newman?
A: "Dirty Harry" Callahan.
3. What movie starring Arnold Schwarzenegger won the most Oscars?
A: "Terminator 2: Judgment Day."
4. Who was the first female to direct a movie that grossed over $100 million at the U.S. box office?
A: Penny Marshall.
5. What is the only qualification a movie must have in order to be eligible for an Oscar nomination?
A: It must play at a theater in Los Angeles County on or before Dec. 31 of the nominating year.
Now, for this week's questions:
1. What classic top 10 song was heard during the ear removal scene in "Reservoir Dogs?"
2. What type of fruit was hurled at Dorothy and her travelling companions at some point in "The Wizard of Oz?"
3. Name the last minor to win an Oscar for acting.
4. Other than this week's "Inglourious Basterds," name a movie written by Quentin Tarantino featuring Brad Pitt.
5. What is the highest-grossing movie of all-time that was based on a Shakespeare play?
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please e-mail your answers, along with your name to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include "Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest" in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.