Sunday, April 12, 2009
© Copyright 2014
Gwinnett Daily Post
SUWANEE - This month, the Gwinnett County Board of Education will meet at a high school near you.
The annual area board meetings, a time when school board members meet in each of the five districts, give constituents the opportunity to address the elected officials, according to a news release. Also during each meeting, Superintendent J. Alvin Wilbanks will talk about the school system's accomplishments, challenges and recent initiatives to raise student achievement.
In addition to the monthly business meeting Thursday at the Instructional Support Center in Suwanee, the following meetings will take place:
· 7 p.m. Tuesday at Brookwood High, hosted by District IV board member Robert McClure. This meeting will serve the Brookwood, Shiloh and South Gwinnett clusters
· 7 p.m. April 21 at Central Gwinnett High, hosted by District I board member Carole Boyce. This meeting will serve the Central Gwinnett, Dacula and Grayson clusters.
· 7 p.m. April 23 at Norcross High, hosted by District III board Vice Chairwoman Mary Kay Murphy. This meeting will serve the Duluth and Norcross clusters.
· 7 p.m. April 28 at Parkview High, hosted by District V board member Louise Radloff. This meeting will serve the Berkmar, Meadowcreek and Parkview clusters.
· 7 p.m. April 30 at Mill Creek High, hosted by District II board Chairman Daniel Seckinger. This meeting will serve the Collins Hill, Mill Creek, North Gwinnett and Peachtree Ridge clusters.
All meetings are open to the public and will take place in the school's theater. Refreshments will be served at 6:30 p.m.
Visit the Web site www.gwinnett.k12.ga.us for more information.